Last updated: August 10, 2004
If you have additional questions, you may send email to privacy@HouseofGems.com.
What Personal Information About Customers Does HouseofGems.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at HouseofGems.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
. Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you. Specifically, HouseofGems.com gives your name, shipping address, phone number, and other information to our shipping carrier. HouseofGems.com also supplies your name, billing address, and credit card information to the credit card processor who bills your account. HouseofGems.com has strict guidelines requiring all third parties to keep any shared personal information confidential.
. Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses HouseofGems.com.
. E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from HouseofGems.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please contact nomail@Houseofgems.com.
. Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
You explicitly provide information via:
New Customer Form and with Customer or Sales Service
- To process your order, we require your name, phone number, billing address, email address, shipping address and credit card information.
- We only use this information to create your account and/or to process your order. If any questions arise about your order we will contact you first by email and then, if necessary, by phone.
- We share only necessary information with the third parties that are involved in the order process, such as Authorize Net (the company that processes our credit card transactions), the financial institution that issued your credit card, the shipping carrier and HouseofGems.com customer service representatives. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We Automatically Collect
- Upon visiting our site, we assigned you a unique Shopper ID in the form of a cookie. We use this ID to keep track of your shopping basket during your visit and to identify you as a repeat visitor.
- If you would rather not be identified as a repeat visitor, we recommend that you disable the cookie support in your browser.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- We record your IP address each time you visit HouseofGems.com. Recording IP addresses helps us determine usage and traffic patterns.
Other Information We Collect
- Should you contact us through our feedback form, we require your name and email address only to send you a reply.
- If you use the form to send comments about your shopping experience at HouseofGems.com, we may include the comment with your name in our Customer Testimonials section.
“Email Special Offers” and “Catalog Sign-up Features
- Should you participate in these services we will only use the information you provide to promote HouseofGems.com services and products.
- We will not share any personal information with third parties.
Permission To Use Your Content
By transmitting any suggestions, information, identification, material, or other content (collectively, “content’) to HouseofGems.com, you automatically grant HouseofGems.com the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, transmit, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. Further HouseofGems.com is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques and suggestions contained in any communications you send to this Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to creating, manufacturing and marketing products and/or services using such information.
HouseofGems.com does not sell or exchange your information with anyone for advertising, commercial
purposes, spam, or with any third party other than required parties to process your order ( such as UPS,
Credit Card Processor). Aside from the previously mentioned third parties involved in the processing of your order and House of Gems, Inc., our affiliated company, we do not share your personally identifiable information with any other entities without your express permission.
Our site may include links to other sites. If you decide to follow these links, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and content of these sites. Generally, we will inform you of these links.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features. HouseofGems.com uses persistent cookies to identify members after their first visit. These cookies remain on the hard drive of a PC and allow a member to enter the site without having to log in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as your account information, you must still enter your password. You can choose to disable cookies by deselecting that option under your browser preferences. When you disable cookies, you can browse the HouseofGems.com store, but you cannot access your membership information or make purchases. Disabling cookies can also interrupt audio and cause breaks in navigation. When becoming a HouseofGems.com member, you can choose whether or not to accept the HouseofGems.com persistent cookie. Without the persistent cookie, a user can still shop the HouseofGems.com store.
HouseofGems.com’s database tracks the traffic throughout our site. This information is used to compile overall statistics and is not recorded at an individual level. The statistics help us decide which products and services best serve our members and guests.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. No employee of Houseofgems.com will know your entire credit card number. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. In case of refund, we use only last five digits of your credit card to do the refund and we do not keep any of your credit card information on HouseofGems.com server.
Which Information Can I Access?
HouseofGems.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with HouseofGems.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such HouseofGems.com features.
Account Changes and Deletions
If you created an account and would like to change your account, please email with your changes to info@HouseofGems.com and include the email address with which you registered. We will send a confirmation request to that email address and after receiving your reply, will update your account within 48 hours.
If you created an account and would like to delete your account, please send an email to info@HouseofGems.com and include the email address with which you registered. We will send a confirmation request to that email address and upon receiving your reply, delete your account. If you have any questions or comments regarding this statement, or if your inquiry has not been responded to or satisfactorily addressed, please contact info@HouseofGems.com. We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
From time to time, HouseofGems.com or a company selected by HouseofGems.com may offer you the opportunity to participate in customer satisfaction, site improvement and other business-related surveys. You may be asked to provide certain membership information to participate. All surveys are optional.
HouseofGems.com occasionally offers you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, product giveaways and the like. You will be asked to provide certain membership information to participate in a sweepstakes. HouseofGems.com or a company selected by HouseofGems.com administers the sweepstakes and contacts the winner. All sweepstakes are optional.
Decline to Receive Information
In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
Children’s Use Prohibited
HouseofGems.com does not sell products for purchase by children under the age of 18.
Terms and Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions